Bouzouki players
Contact Us
PO Box 45
Unley, South Australia
5061

phone » 08 8272 5345
fax » 08 8272 4072
email » [email protected]

History

On the 26 December 1959 Father Kyriacos Psalios celebrated the first Liturgy for the Parish in the Hall of Saint Augustine's Anglican Church. This continued until mid 1960 when a Sunday School building was erected behind the present Church. Services were then conducted in this new building until a Church was built in 1962.

During this period, the Community and Parish estrablished Greek Afternoon Schools in the southern suburbs, staffed by volunteers. The Community and Parish also established several sub-committees and affiliated Bodies, including the Ladies Philoptohos Society and the Youth Movement. These helped to maintain and develop the services to all our faithful.

The first landmark was the consecration of our Church in 1970. The next task was to establish the community and Parish Centre of our Church. Conceived in 1975, it was opened in October 1982 by our Primate of the Greek Orthodox Church in Australia, Archbishop Stylianos. Today the Church conducts afternoon Greek Schools, playing an important role in the propagation of our faith, language and culture.

In 2004 St. Spyridon College was founded, with the intention to provide a high quality education for children from Reception to Year 7, and the commitment to nurturing and enhancing the social, intellectual, physical and emotional development of each child.

On 8th March 2014, the Very Reverend Archimandrite Kyriacos Psalios passed away at the age of 85 years, having served the Greek Orthodox Church and Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia for over 56 years.